November 25, 2019
Happy Thanksgiving to our James Irwin family!
We are grateful for our students, families and staff! This year, we are participating for the second time in #GivingTuesday, which is on Tuesday, December 3, 2019. #GivingTuesday is a day of global giving which has raised hundreds of millions of dollars across the world for nonprofits.
As charter schools, each of our schools operates on much less than other public schools as we have to pay our mortgage payments out of our operating budget instead of through bonds. At James Irwin Charter Schools, we do MUCH MORE with LESS. However, we often give up basic things that would enhance our students’ education.
Each of our principals has submitted an item that would help their schools. Would you consider a contribution to help them with this need? Or ask a grandparent or other family member to contribute?
James Irwin Charter Elementary School – $2,100
- Removable Speed Bumps (parking lot)-$100-$150 each (need 2-4)–$600.00 max Water Bottle Fountains-$500 each (need 2)–$1,000
- Fax Machine-$200-$300
- Christmas items for Christmas Concert, Breakfast with Santa, etc.- $200
James Irwin Charter Middle School –
- $2500 Large color printer
James Irwin Charter High School –
- $5,000 large motorized projection screen for Field House
James Irwin Charter Academy-
- $6500 for projector screens, classroom maps, and supplemental science instructional supplies.
Power Technical –
- $7,500 Funds to buy much needed supplies for shop and academic classes .
Starting immediately, contributions can be given several ways:
- Checks to JICS with the particular school in the comment They can be dropped off c/o Linda Carroll at any school’s front office.
- There is a donate button on the first page of the http://www.jamesirwin.org You can put the school name in the comment section.
- There is a donate button on the #GivingTuesday post on each school’s Facebook page.
No matter the size, each contribution would be a blessing to our staff and students. With nearly 2,100 JICS students , even $5 per child would make a significant difference.
Thank you and have a blessed Thanksgiving.
CEO, James Irwin Charter Schools