In order to keep our students safe, it is important to take appropriate actions to help prevent the spread of illnesses and to stay informed. Please see the information below in regards to the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19):
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Colorado
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Fact Sheet:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- El Paso County Public Health – COVID-19
Precautions to Take
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty. For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website
For general questions about COVID-19 call: CO-HELP at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911, or email COHELP@RMPDC.org for answers in English and Spanish.