Thank you for your interest in James Irwin Charter Schools. Please follow the steps below to complete the admissions process.
1. Complete an application
This is required in order to have your student’s name added to the wait list. For the 2017-18 school year, visit the website below to create your account and complete your application.
Please note – Kindergartners must be 5 years old by July 1st of the year they want to enter kindergarten. First graders must be 6 years old by September 15th of the year they want to enter 1st grade.
2. Complete and Submit Required Admissions Packet and required documents
3. Take a Placement Test (Note: Placement tests are not entrance exams) Placement tests are given to students entering grades 1-12 to ensure they will be challenged and successful. Appropriate course level and/or grade placement will be determined by the placement test.
Note – Application and Admissions Packet along with required documents must be received in order to be invited for placement testing.
- Timing: You will receive an invitation through your SchoolMint account with available dates and you can then RSVP to the date that best fits your schedule. Note – These dates and times are first come, first served and space is limited.
- Location: Testing for all James Irwin Charter Schools takes place at 5525 Astrozon Blvd.
- Testing Subjects (grades 1-5): Reading, Writing, and Mathematics (approx. 2 hours)
- Testing Subjects (grades 6-12): Writing, Grammar, Reading Comprehension and Mathematics (approx 2 1/2 hours)
4. Attend a Mandatory Parent Meeting
Parent meetings provide detailed information about the school. It is important to understand the program offered to ensure it will be a good fit for your student. You will receive an invitation through your SchoolMint account with available dates and times.
5. Admission Confirmation
When a spot becomes available for your student and upon completion of steps 1-4 above, you will be notified to sign a Final Confirmation of Enrollment. All offers of admission/enrollment not accepted within five business days from the time of the offer will be considered to have been denied by the family. The offer will then go to the next student on the wait list, and your student will be removed from our list.
6. Visit James Irwin Charter Schools (optional)
Tours are available at each school and may be scheduled by calling these numbers:
|James Irwin Charter Academy||(719) 302-9100|
|James Irwin Charter Elementary School||(719) 302-9107|
|James Irwin Charter Middle School||(719) 302-9108|
|James Irwin Charter High School||(719) 302-9109|
|Power Technical Early College (PTEC)||(719) 301-6200|
Feel free to contact the Admissions Department with any questions or to get further information.