Welcome to James Irwin Charter Schools’ website. Thank you for visiting this site; our hope is that you will easily navigate and find the information you need.
James Irwin Charter Schools (JICS) is a network with a proven track record of creating successful schools with superior academic achievement for students, regardless of race, ethnicity, or socio-economic status. Presently, it has five schools on three campuses.
- In 2018, US News and World Report rated James Irwin Charter High School as the 7th best high school in Colorado.
- James Irwin Charter Middle School serves as a national role model for successful implementation of single-gender classrooms and is known for helping students develop personal responsibility and leadership skills.
- James Irwin Charter Elementary School has established a legacy of academic excellence by consistently having over 90% of the students score proficient or above in math, reading and especially writing on the CSAP/TCAP tests.
- Our newest elementary school, James Irwin Charter Academy, had the highest 4th grade TCAP scores in math, reading and writing of all southern Colorado schools in its start-up year.
- Power Technical Early College, our grades 6-14 trade school, opened its doors in the fall of 2016.
- Our elementary schools, middle school, high school and trade school were named the Gazette’s Best of the Springs for 2018.
JICS October 2, 2019 enrollments are shown below:
|School||# of Students|
|James Irwin Charter Elementary School||535|
|James Irwin Charter Middle School||471|
|James Irwin Charter High School||441|
|James Irwin Charter Academy||326|
|Power Technical Early College||318|
Even more important than academic excellence is our commitment to character development. All schools share a similar culture that focuses on 5 “pillars” of character: Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Excellence
James Irwin has a wide range of extracurricular activities throughout its schools. Please note the details on how to get your child involved in the various activities that are offered.
Thanks for your interest and support of James Irwin Charter Schools.
Chief Executive Officer